October 19, 2007

Going to Chicago.

Well, the entire family is heading to Chicago this weekend for a special memorial service for my grandparents. One of my uncles went to Korea to retrieve my grandparents' remains to save them from being destroyed or lost. Seems that one of my mother's nephews has been selling off the land which includes her family's burial sites. So, her family decided the best thing to do would be to bring the remains to the States, cremate them, and bury them here. I don't know what goes through a person's mind when they decide they'll basically obliterate their ancestors' resting places, but I guess money really does mean everything for some people. It'll be nice to see everyone and since my grandparents have been dead for a long time, it won't be a sad affair, I'm hoping. But, you know, Koreans like their drama, so who knows what will happen this weekend.

No comments: