October 24, 2007

Decade parent

Well, today marks my tenth year as a parent and I have to say I don't feel as weird as I thought I'd feel about it. I actually feel more old when I hear my nephew's age. When he turned ten, I thought, "Good God, how can it be ten years already?" But with my own daughter, I don't feel so weird. As anyone who is a parent will know, I can't believe it's been ten years because the time has just zipped by. After I pick her up from school, we're going to get her present: a snake. As you may or may not remember, we got her a snake for her birthday a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, that poor snake met its demise when it managed to escape its tank, never to be found again. I'm sure its just a twig somewhere in the house. However, my daughter never quite got over the loss of the snake so I finally broke down and told her she could get another one. She's already got it picked out. It's another corn snake, but more colorful than the last. She named it Mosaic, but calls it Mosay for short. We've been visiting it once a week since she picked it out a month ago. I hope it doesn't freak out the dog too much. That wouldn't be good. That wouldn't be good at all.

No comments: