May 07, 2007

I am not looking forward to going home today.

Apparently, after I left the house this morning and while my husband was taking a shower, our dog pooped in her litter box but then stepped in it and then took a leisurely stroll around the house. My husband told me he saw poopy little pawprints all over the place. He said he cleaned as much as he could see, but he had to get to work. Anyway, when I get home, I get to go around and see if there's anything else to clean up. I'm not looking forward to that. Meanwhile, we found out it will cost $3300 to fix my car. It needs a new timing belt and a general overhaul which we've been putting off for some time. It's '97 Accord stationwagon. My husband asked if we should just get another car, but we'd have to get a used car and I don't want to get something just to settle because it's going to take a lot of fix this one up. Once this one is retooled, it should still last a good five years at least. My brother thinks I'm fooling myself and that it'll probably only last another three years, but it's at the dealership. Why would they tell me it could still last a good amount of time when they could just try and steer me toward buying a car? Anyway, I don't want to buy a new car until I can get exactly what I want. There's no point in spending money on something I don't really want.

No comments: