August 26, 2004

Shoot that poison arrow.

I'm just sitting here waiting for my grad student helpers to come in, so why not blog a bit. I was listening to the radio on the way to work and they were doing a little segment on how one of the local high schools is getting funds from a state homeland security council or whatever to help prepare the school for potential attacks. Now, I'm not saying people shouldn't be prepared, but I don't understand why they think terrorists will attack a high school in the middle of the Midwest. Am I not getting something? Airports, yes, I get. Federal buildings, yes, I get. NYSE, yes, I get. But a high school in Michigan, no, I don't get. But you never know, look at Red Dawn, if it weren't for those kids, all of America would have fallen under communist rule. In general, I don't think any foreign power can take over America in a land war because we're too freaking big. There is always going to be someplace to hide. I mean, think of how much of this country is still pretty wild. There's a lot, just in case you haven't paid attention. They can possibly cripple our economy and whatnot, but they cannot take control of this country. Too much land, too many people.

No comments: