June 10, 2007

Please let it be over.

The show opens Friday and, let me tell you, this show can't be done with soon enough as far as I'm concerned. The only good part about being involved in this entire thing is that I get to hang out with my friend Melanie. They didn't even bother to make sure they had the right person listed for my part in the promotional postcards they sent out. I assume the girl on the flyers is the girl originally cast, but I don't know. It's not that big of deal because I really don't care in the whole scheme of things, but it's kind of a prime statement on the nature of the people running this production. The only thing about it that kind of pisses me off, is that one of the directors said to me tonight in a really off-handed, not really concerned manner, "Oh, sorry about the name being all wrong on the postcard." Those things got mailed out two weeks ago and this is the first time they've even bothered acknowledging the mistake. I'm like, please don't waste your breath because it's obvious you could give two fucks. Don't insult my intelligence by even pretending to care. It is the most uncomfortable show I've ever been in. The directors are not warm people and they don't do much to create any sort of team environment. Let's just say, if I was doing trust exercises with one of those two, I'd let them hit the ground like a sack of shit. I hope this all doesn't sound too vitriolic because it might suggest that I care that they're shits, which I don't. It's just sort of a statement of events as they've happened. I pretty much respond to people the way they act, which is all very straight forward and simple. Oh, one thing did surprise me though, one of them actually called me by my name, not my character's name, and I was amazed that they even knew what my name is because it was the first time I'd ever heard either of them use it.

By the way, this is the photo they're going to use for the lobby. I hate it, but I usually hate my picture.

No comments: