June 25, 2007

The show is over.

So we closed yesterday, which is good. The run didn't turn out too badly because a couple of friends of mine from Zombies were working stage crew, so I had people to hang with during the show. I only appeared in the last act of thet play, so I had a lot of time on my hands. There was one new kid who volunteered for crew and he has one of the most toxic personalities I've ever encountered in my life. You just knew every night, at some point, he was going to be in the middle of an argument with someone and it was definitely the last thing any of us wanted to have to deal with while trying to keep track of what was going on on stage. However, things usually have a way of balancing and although I was introduced to a person I never want to see again, I also got to meet one of the other Civic veterans for the first time, and he is hilarious, and I defintely hope I get to work with him again. I actually saw him perform before meeting him, and he's good. He's also just a sweet guy. I'd like to say I get a break now, but I now have to start practicing for this theatre gala thing that I've been asked to perform for. I'm doing it with my friend Ed from Zombies, but it's this Friday and we're only rehearsing for the first time tonight. So this should be an experience.

No comments: