August 24, 2006

Slug, slug, slug

That pretty much describes me over the last couple of days. I'm fighting some kind of sickness passed on to me from my dear, dear, dear husband. I'm on the Dayquil. You know from past posts how much I love the Dayquil. It just paints a nice little haze over the day. I thought I had some interesting stuff to say, but I can't remember any of it. I'm sitting and thinking and none of it is coming to me. Ummm, yeah, I don't remember anything. I think I'm going to get my husband to go watch Snakes on a Plane this Friday. Our daughter is going to go to this Parents Night Out thing at her karate school and I want to see SoaP. I love that acronym for some reason. Oh, here's something kind of funny. Actually, you probably won't think it's funny, I just think it's funny because it's my kid, but yesterday we're in the car and I asked her something that her teacher did that didn't make any sense like, "Why is she not letting you keep your colored pencils at school just because you've got more colors than she thinks you need?" And my daughter responded, "I don't know, Mom. Why does the sun rise in the morning?" Had to bite my tongue before asking, "Is that just your way of saying something doesn't make sense?" And she said it was. Then I asked her where she got that from and she said she just made it up, or maybe she got it off television. One of those two things, anyway.

No comments: