August 15, 2006

I Can RUN!

Went to see the orthopedic surgeon who did my knee. He says the knee is looking good, but I told him I still have pain. He asked me if I've been jogging yet and I said, "You haven't given me permission to run yet, but I did go running with my friend a couple of weeks ago." He asked me how it went and I told him I didn't try to push myself or anything, so it was OK. He told me to start jogging every other day for 10-15 minutes and just keep increasing as I feel I can. So cool. I told him I asked my daughter to watch me while I ran to see if I was doing it and then I told him that she said, "Mom, no, really you're just walking, but you're moving your arms like you're running." I was running.

Over the weekend, my daughter and I went peach-picking at a local orchard, and it was a pretty good time. My friend picked 55 pounds of peaches. I don't know what she's going to do with 55 pounds of peaches. Make a lot of cobbler, I suppose.

No comments: