July 10, 2006

I'm a dork.

So says my daughter when I am wearing my cool hexagon sunglasses from my college days. The sunglasses sorta, kinda look like this pair in a really vague way. Basically, the front of the frames are similar in shape to the pair here, but there aren't any extra lenses that fold in the way that these do. The lenses are also pretty dark. At any rate, I couldn't find my regular sunglasses, so I put these on. When I picked up my daughter from day camp, she said, "Mom, those glasses are sooo dorky. They are so not in style."

"You really don't think so?" I asked.

"No," she answered.

She went on to say that if I can't find my regular glasses, then I should just go buy a new pair instead of wearing my dorky old pair. I thought they were still cool. But, if she says I should go buy myself a new pair, who's going to argue? Not me. I like buying sunglasses. Although, I wonder if I should be taking style advice from an 8-year-old who thinks high fashion is the Pokemon t-shirt I made with an iron-on transfer. I don't know. This is a tough one.

No comments: