July 05, 2006

I hate everyone.

Well, not everyone. But I do hate the people who blew off fireworks all freaking night long. Is it really necessary to light fireworks past midnight? I don't think so. Needless to say, I'm a little tired and a whole lot grouchy today. At any rate, we had a pretty busy weekend. My parents brought back my daughter from DC, so she's home again and things should be back to normal. People asked if we missed her and I have to say I didn't because having the dog to take care of is almost like taking care of a kid, so nothing seemed that different because of it. We ran to Chicago for a night to check up on my uncle who had a kidney transplant about a week ago. It's actually his second one. The last kidney he had basically wore out. He had it about ten years before it gave out, and had been on dialysis for several years before this kidney came available. He had to be readmitted becuase he wasn't draning fluid and his ankles and face were super swollen. Hopefully, they'll be able to get him squared away now that he's back in the hospital.

No comments: