July 06, 2006

Grandma's Boy

I watched Grandma's Boy last night and I can honestly say it was a stupid movie. I don't mind stupid movies, but if they don't make me laugh, then I can't give up the love. I didn't laugh too much at it. Although, I have to say I thought Shirley Jones was brilliant as an over-sexed septuagenarian. I always knew Mrs. Partridge was a little freaky. It's unexpected to hear Mrs. Partridge talk about hand-jobs, and that's good. Unexpected is good. Other than that, it was just a dumb movie. Probably because I'm not big on drug humor. I don't understand what about being high is funny. I actually thought the funniest parts of the movie had nothing to do with the drugs. For instance, I thought the character of JP was funny because he was such a tool. The screwball druggie is just too played out for me. So I'm going to have to say I do not recommend you watch Grandma's Boy. It just didn't do it for me.

No comments: