June 07, 2004

Escape from Azkaban

We went to watch "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" Friday night and it was alright. This is the first of the HP movies I've watched where I'd read the book beforehand and knew the story. It definitely gives watching the movie a new perspective. I was a little surprised by the things they didn't include in the movie from the book. Little things, really, but still somewhat significant in my mind in terms of understanding the characters and where they're coming from. My daughter really enjoyed it. This is the first of the HP movies we've let her watch in the theatre. We waited until the first two came out on DVD before letting her watch them. But like me, she knew the story ahead of time on this one and she felt that she wouldn't be too freaked out to watch it on the big screen. All in all, she was OK. She was only freaked out at the very first appearance of the dementors in the movie, but at least she knew what they were and what was going to happen, so it wasn't too much of a freak out. She was fine with the rest of the movie.

No comments: