April 23, 2007

C'est fini.

It's over. The play is over. We had our last show yesterday afternoon. It's been quite an experience and I am so glad I finally got back to performing. My husband and daughter both told me yesterday that they could tell I had been a lot happier while doing the play. My daughter said, "Mom, it's finally time you did something for yourself." When she says stuff like that, it makes it totally worth it that I didn't drop her off in front of the orphanage when she was first born like I thought about doing. But seriously, I am totally blessed to have a family that supported me, even though it meant I wasn't around so much, especially toward the end. I could tell my daughter, particularly, was starting to miss me a lot when I had rehearsal or performances practically every night. It made me feel guilty, and that's a large part of why I'll probably only do a couple of things a year. Even though she's growing more mature everyday, stuff like this reminds me that she's still just a kid who needs her mom.

No comments: