May 14, 2004

Attack of the Cicadas.

I'm starting to get a little bit nervous about the upcoming cicada invasion. We're in a major cicada hotspot and I know, I just know, when those buggers start coming up out of the ground I am going to have some sort of apoplectic fit. It's going to be like a horror movie. Those bugs everywhere, swarming and dense. I'm not going to be able to leave my house until it's all over. I'm afraid, I'm really afraid. It's supposed to start any day, now. I'm going to spend this weekend creating a protective barrier and spray the heck out of my house so nothing will cling to it. I usually do this anyway because, just in case you haven't guessed, I HATE bugs. My husband doesn't like it when I do this because, apparently, it mutates the frogs that live around our house. This is true. I found one the year after I really did some serious spraying and it was missing back legs. He was mad at me, but I don't care. The thought of being covered head to toe with insects bothers me more.

No comments: