February 04, 2010

Dilemma

So my friend Brian and I are hoping to get together this weekend to start filming some of our web show. We're only planning on shooting what we can do ourselves, but there's other stuff we want to do that will require a third party to film us. A couple of weeks ago I sent an email to a guy I've met a few times who owns professional quality cameras and shoots stuff a lot. He never returned my message and I'm kind of bummed about it because I'd really like to get someone who knows at least a little something about the best way to frame a shot and lighting and those sorts of technical things. We've got friends that have said they're willing to shoot us when we need it, but they don't know anymore than we do. But I also wonder why this other guy never returned my message. I told him it was cool if he couldn't do it or didn't want to. You'd think common courtesy would dictate he'd at least respond. Oh, well. I suppose we'll figure it out somehow. As they say, when there's a will, there's a way. Maybe I'll just drive by this guy's house, throw a sack over his head, and take him to a remote location where he'll be forced to film us. Yeah, I think I'm kinda liking that idea. See. I just need to have a little more faith in my problem-solving skills. It all comes around eventually.

No comments: