August 27, 2007

My dog is sick

I had to take my dog to the emergency vet over the weekend because she was crying out in pain when one of us tried to pick her up or a couple of times when she tried to urinate. She was shaking, too, and you could just tell she was not happy. So I took her in and it turns out she has a UTI, which I think is kind of weird in dogs, but she's been dominating her stuffed sheep pretty determinately lately. So, I don't know. Maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, when they took her in for examination, she started screaming and crying like they were pulling her claws out with pliers. It turns out they had to get a urine sample by inserting a syringe into her bladder and when they were pulling out the needle, she jerked and injured herself. Then she wouldn't let anyone apply pressure to staunch the bleeding and now she's got a pretty impressive bruise on her stomach. So they sent me home with antibiotics and pain killers. This is what she looks like on the pain killers.
Yeah, I wish I had me some of that.

No comments: