October 01, 2004

Bad Hair Day.

I'm frustrated because my hair has really been looking like shit lately and I don't know what to do about it. I'm trying to keep it long because you have to go in for a cut too often when you have a short style. I'm also trying to find something that I can literally dry and be done with it. I don't have a lot of time in the morning with trying to get myself and my daughter out the door. Long hair is good for that because no matter what, you can always just pull it back into a ponytail. But, obviously, that gets old after awhile and even though I am a thirty-something wife and mother, I don't want to look like a thirty-something wife and mother. You know who I'm talking about, that tired woman you see at the supermarket, pushing the cart with children trailing behind her while she pushes on down the aisles with a lost look in her face because she hasn't been in a hair salon in two years (and knows she looks like it) because she doesn't have the time to squeeze it in between driving her kids all over God's green earth, cleaning the house, doing the shopping, going to work and reading the mail. I don't want to be that woman. The problem is it's really hard to find a hairstyle that meets all these criteria. Trying to find something on the internet is a massive waste of time because no site has a really large collection of photos and most of them are the types that come out of hair magazines, which are really more experimental a lot of times. They're not the sort of hairstyle any normal person would have. I'm also plagued somewhat by the fact that my hair is course, so it tends to look frizzy at the end, which means I have to spend time with products to make it look smooth, time I don't have most days. Somebody please, please help me. (pathetic whining sounds here) Please, please. I hate may hair and I want to have something decent.

My fingertips feel really warm all of a sudden. Does that mean something? But, anyway, I need some serious help here with the hair. I thinking about making an appointment at Vidal Sasson when I go home for Christmas because they're supposed to give you the right hairstyle for your face shape. I'm amazed that your average run of the mill hairstylist doesn't seem able to just look at your face and hair type and give you something that looks good. I think they're too paranoid the client will flip out or something. They shouldn't be afraid, though. What does the client know about hair.? Of course, there are the hairstylists who are just dying to try a certain new style on someone and the person they manage to convince to get it is the last person it looks good on. That's why people go home crying. It's really all just a big breakdown of communication. But, seriously, I need major hair help. Someone help me. That's what this post is about. Find me a freaking haircut for the love of God.

2 comments:

Eric2613 said...

Your fingertips are warm? You should watch out, that's an indication that you might have chlamydia. STD... that would suck. Better watch out who you bump with. Smell ya lata.

Korean Celt said...

EazyDoesIt:
Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments. I'll check right into that. I'm wondering how you come by your knowledge of STD symptoms. I sense an interesting story there. :-)