March 03, 2008

The fame that almost was.

About two weeks ago, I got a phone call from a guy asking if I'd be interested in filming a commercial for a local furniture store. He told me he'd called the civic theatre where I've been doing stuff for the last year asking for a comedic actress, and they gave him my name, which was cool. I was really flattered that they'd think of me. At any rate, he sent me the script and after I read it, I told him I'd do it. Anyway, we were supposed to film it tomorrow, but it seems the guy who owns the store can't make up his mind about which commercial he wants to do and, at this point, the commercial I was supposed to do is on hold indefinitely. Me, personally, I'm not all that torn up about it, but I think the few people I'd told about it were looking forward to seeing the commercial. The only thing I'm a little sad about is that I was going to totally try and finagle a new recliner out of the deal instead of a paycheck. A new recliner would have been AWESOME.

No comments: