September 26, 2003

This is what I've been thinking about. Why we dwell on things. What purpose does it serve. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy from thinking about stuff that's happened in my life. I think about people from the past and wonder if I ever enter their minds.

I've been asking the Magic 8-Ball a lot of questions lately about my future. Am I going to ever publish a book, will I ever be rich and famous. That kind of stuff, because I really do believe one day I'll be rich and famous. And I figure there's got to be something to it because normal people don't just imagine they'll be rich and famous one day.

I think people wonder about their future because they can't see how their present is going to get them to where they imagine they'd like to be. I think about the time I'm wasting now, just letting things happen and going along with the status quo and I really don't think I like it. We all think there's something special about us, something that really differentiates us from the people around us. But, really, maybe there's nothing. Yeah, I want to be a rock star.

No comments: