March 25, 2010

I will break you.

Went skating last night with a few of the other gals interested in doing roller derby. I made the mistake of taking my daughter, who had a miserable time, which then forced me to leave early so she could escape the boredom of watching grown women try to figure out how to keep from falling on their asses every two seconds. Other than that, it was not too bad a time and I even broke a sweat. This isn't too surprising, though, because I break a sweat the moment I begin to do anything physical. Don't know why, just another one of my unfortunate quirks. I did do better than I expected considering I haven't skated since I was a teenager, which was a very long time ago. So, it looks like I'll be continuing on with this new adventure for now.

Speaking of adventures, I'm going to my first ever drag show tonight. I'm kind of excited about it. I just hope it's good. I'm a little bit afraid it won't be real drag queens, just some hairy men wearing their mother's housecoat. That would be incredibly unfortunate.

No comments: